Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's All About Me!

Well that's what I used to think anyways!  Now as I get older and more mature (yes that's possible), I see that it never really was about me. At the end of this first day of vacation, I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely wonderful and awesome the past 5 days have been and vacation is actually just started.

We had our all our children and their partners with us for our annual BK Broiler. We had a blast, we had family, friends, church friends, MonaVie friends, new friends and older friends (no I'm not talking about Anita) LOL  We had friends from around the corner, down the street, family from hours away and some so close we call them neighbours.  This was our 10th annual and we have never run out of food the past 9 years.  The backyard was packed, the pool always had someone in it and my husband, well you couldn't get him away from the karoke.  We sang till the wee hours of the morning and even BBQ'd more food at midnight.  Bet the neighbours loved us.

Sunday morning, everyone slept in. Took an dip in the pool, enjoyed the day and headed down to see the fireworks at Canal Days in Port Colborne (that's another annual tradition).  We took the kids for dinner down at the West Harbour restaurant overlooking the marina, what a lovely sight. I am sure that every mosquito in Port Colborne was near me and had attacked my feet and legs. Oh so itchy! The kids had a blast, eating funnel cake, listening to the bands, watching the lighted boat parade and more.  Each year the party gets bigger and bigger, my daughter said she couldn't breathe walking through the streets.  Now Brian and I, we sat back on our lawn chairs, put the blankets out and opened a few cold ones (that's how I got bit by those nasty blood sucking critters), had I walked with Brandi ... guess who would be fine and not itchy today!

Holiday Monday, pretty much the same, slept in and took a morning dip in the pool.  I can't remember actually spending as much time with the kids as we did these past few days. And they're not just kids anymore, their 16, 18 and 21 so yep ..... they're becoming adults. Sure is different at this age, they actually want to spend time with you.  Cost us a fortune going out for dinner, sightseeing and all but it was so darn worth it.  I told my husband today "you're kids cost me alot of money this weekend".  He said "your daughter cost me alot of money everyday"....LOL  Now, we're even :)

I swear that this has been by far the best summer for the weather and having the pool.  Absolutely love it, when the sun is out, we're vacationing in the backyard and what a perfect weekend for family, friends and fun! If tomorrow never comes, I could honestly say that this has been one of the best vacations and summers so far and we're only at August 2nd. Looking forward to the next few weeks of fun and sun. The kids are enjoying themselves, got the girlfriends coming over tomorrow for a birthday celebration, the parents coming over Thursday for drinks and cake ... life is good, couldn't be better. Heading off to a big MonaVie conference on Saturday, going to learn some tips on building our business ...... we're going GOLD!!

Just got back from my first bike ride of the season with my daughter and her friends and so now not only do I have itchy feet, I have jelly legs!!

I am truly blessed though and so yes, really .... its all about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment