Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm Addicted and I Just Can't Get Enough!

We've all got addictions that's for sure. Some are good for us and well yeah some are bad for us.  So as I'm lying in the pool this afternoon, I was thinking of the things I'm addicted to and just can't get enough of! There are the things we love and then there are the things we're addicted to. So what's the difference one might ask? I say to myself, what are the things that I know I can't live without, what can I not give up? Well my family and friends of course but does that mean I'm addicted to them? No, its means I LOVE them all dearly from the bottom of my heart! 

Just last weekend, we went on a road trip and one of us in the car has a big addiction to food.  I know we all need food to survive but to be addicted to it, that's a sad story. I'm not sure how she got that way but it sure is hard for the family to watch her turn her life upside down. You can only say so much to those you love and care about it and they only listen so much.  At what point do you throw your hands up in the air and give up trying to help? 

I thought I'd list the things (good and bad) that I know I am addicted to:
  • The sun - when its out, I'm in the pool;
  • MonaVie - 2 oz twice a day, makes me feel and look good;
  • Smirnoff's Ice - can't just have one, no matter how many times I try LOL;
  • Smoking - I know, its bad for me, have tried to quit many times;
  • Talking - bet you knew I was gonna say that? I will talk to anyone, about anything, anytime, even strangers. I wonder if my parents ever told me not to while growing up. I couldn't imagine an hour without opening my mouth LOL;
  • Music - its kinda like I have two ears for a reason, love noise more than I love talking (bet you find that hard to believe);
  • Sex - now seriously, isn't everyone?;
  • Tostitos, nachos, corn chips of any kind - if I could only have one food for the rest of my life, this would be my choice;
  • Vacation - you just gotta have time off from the crazy hectic daily life;
  • God & Jesus - no other words need be said!!
I am sure if I sat for an hour or two, the list could go on and on, those are just a few off the top of my head. What are your addictions, are they good or bad for you.  Take a few minutes and think about it today. If you knew you couldn't live without it, then I'd say your addicted, just like me!  

On the flip side, things I could give up in a second and never miss again:
  • Snow - absolutely hate it, can't stand the cold;
  • Bugs - like spiders and snakes and bees and so if I never saw another one again for the rest of my life, wouldn't bother me;
  • Fish - when I was a kid, it's all my father ever did and we ate it every day, day after day, after day;
  • the dark/night - I don't see the purpose really except to sleep and its not that I am afraid of it, its just something that makes no sense to me, let there be light (all the time)
  • the Devil - he tempts me too many times (here eat this, drink this, do that, go here). Why can't he just go away!!


What are your addictions friends, would love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment