Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Grass Isn't Always Greener

You win some, you lose some! Seems it took quite awhile for summer to get here but I am sure everyone would agree, its here! What does summer mean to you?  To me, its family, friends, patio time, BBQ's, swimming and a whole lot of fun! But my grass, oh my ... the front lawn. I can honestly say the grass isn't greener on the other side.  The whole neighbourhood has this brown looking rough hard straw type of lawns.  I thought maybe I was alone, cheap me that I am, no .... don't water the lawn, think of the next water bill. I've already got the pool and hot tub to fill and top up from time to time. But today as I was driving home from Niagara Falls, I saw this straw looking brown grass everywhere. I've noticed I haven't heard as many lawnmowers in the neighbourhood lately, kinda good for the environment, isn't it? You can't have both now can you! A whole lotta sun means no green grass. But I do enjoy the smell of fresh cut lawns.

Anyone who knows us, knows one thing for sure, when the sun is out ....... our family is in the backyard. Great big nice 45 year old tree back there, shades half the lawn and yep, you guessed it, the grass is greener!

They say its going to rain tomorrow and I'm okay with that. I know everyone's lawns and flowers need it.  So, since its Monday, I don't mind, I'll be working and unable to enjoy an afternoon in the pool. I've been quite lucky lately with my 3 Friday's off in July so far, each and every weekend, the sun has been shining, the BBQ has been grilling, the friends and family have come over to cool down and we have enjoyed some great weekends in the pool.  When we move (yes we're thinking of it in the next year or two), a pool is non-negotiable.  This time around though I want an inground pool.  I want tropical grass and a bigger back yard with lots of shade and green green grass. 

July 30th is our 10th Annual B & K Broiler to celebrate both our birthdays, lots of friends and family, BBQ, fun in the sun, chill in the pool and relax in the hottub. I was just thinking to myself, as I sat down to write tonight, oh my ......... the grass isn't green, what will everyone think.  Then it hit me, everyone's looks the same. They won't even notice.  So, ok, bring on the rain!  I don't want to water my lawn!! For our local friends and even those long distance ones, you are all welcome, please stop by on the 30th, come celebrate with us. I promise you one thing ...... the grass isn't greener!

No comments:

Post a Comment