Friday, July 8, 2011

5 Days in July!

No its not Blue Rodeo, 5 days in July really!  Its 5 Friday is July and guess what ....... I'm not working them!  I've been working for quite alot of years and have never in all my history taken Fridays off for a whole month in the summer and thus having 5 long weekends in a row.  Oh my, this is the first time I've done something like that and I must say, this being only my 2nd Friday off, I think I'm loving it! I got to sleep in today a whole extra couple of hours, what a great feeling. I got up had my coffee on the back deck, sat in the sun and started out my day. I didn't do much really, kinda like the Bruno Mars song "today I don't feel like doing anything" .... nothing at all! I washed my car, I watered my flowers, I pruned my roses, I ran a few small errands.  I even got gas and filled up, thought I was getting a deal at 125.9 in Welland since when I left work yesterday in St. Catharines it was 134.9.  Cost me $70, my small itsy bitsy spyder must have a big gas tank. I can't even imagine the people who have trucks and vans, what's it costing them.  I had my RVL shake for lunch and went back out on the deck and the sun was shining. My daughter was out tanning and my husband was off to physio (because of his recent car accident), poor guy, so much pain.  I decided ah its time to throw on the bathing suit and sit on my floatie. Our lawn guy came by, did the grass and weedeating. I enjoyed the afternoon nap in the pool.

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to an ice-cream tonight.  Congratulations on his 20 lbs weightloss on the scale this morning, so we went down to Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls. I couldn't believe the amount of people, they were everywhere. I said to Brian "where are these people coming from", you'd think this was the honeymoon capital of the world LOL  Took some nice pictures of the falls, managed to get some without any people in it too!

The day is just about nearing bed time and lights out. Still got time for the hottub though.  What a lovely Friday off, had a great day with the family.  Looking forward to the next 3 long weekends.  Summer is my favourite time of year. Pretty soon will have to start planning our 10th Annual B & K Broiler BBQ and Pool Party (its both our birthdays coming up).  We've been having these parties for years.  We won't talk about the Happy 40th pink flamingos on the lawn party though, that one goes down in the history books.  In case your not sure what B & K is, well that's Brian and Karen, it could also be Burger King, although we'd never eat there.  Stay tuned for our top 10 list B & K countdown coming up soon.  And hey, if you're in Niagara end of the month, stop by for some Birthday cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment