Monday, October 17, 2011

What A Mess!

Oh my what a mess, I'm pulling my hair out. It's day 2 and 3 of the renovations. Everyone who knows me, knows I can't stand a mess, dust, dirt & drywall everywhere. I swear I can see it in the air, feel it in my throat and smell it. But they keep telling me "think of what it's gonna look like when it's done".  I can't wait. Looking forward to Molly Maid coming to clean when it's all done!

We've got the sunroom windows in, they're beautiful. I spent the weekend ripping up carpets and tiles, we're now down to concrete everywhere. We went to Rona tonight, picked up all the plumbing and the electrical.  Brian's dad, the handyman, the plumber and the electrician, wonderful man that he is worked his tail off today. The bathroom is destroyed.  He ripped out walls and left the toilet in (remember we got a new one a month ago). It's pretty funny, you can go to the bathroom, there is no door to shut and you have to go wash your hands in the kitchen.

Here's some "during" pictures .... don't mind the mess!





I talked to Dave the painter, he's the best, he's done work for us before. He does a great job and cleans up his mess. He's coming by on Sunday to see what needs to be painted, I told him we've got a week's worth of work, if he wants it. He's pretty excited about that.

Tonight, we took the old tub out and put it on the front lawn. We were going to throw it in the dumpster but Brian told his dad, you know someone might take it, they always do when you leave stuff out front.  Let's see if it's gone tomorrow, our ugly 40 year old tub. Yuck!

Time for a cold one and an hour on the couch ... or should we go in the hottub. Yeah better idea, relax those muscles. Good night friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment